Buying a home is an important life decision. There is so much to know before you start your search. Why work with a Home and Hearth Realtor? We live and work in the communities we serve. Our local neighborhood knowledge and real estate expertise ensures you a smart, smooth, and stress-free purchase. Let our experienced agents take you step-by-step through the buying process.
1 – PREPARATION
Consult our Real Estate Professionals
At your first meeting, we will provide you an overview of the buying timeline, people who will be involved in the purchase, and much more. Speak with an agent today to get started.
- Discuss your home and neighborhood needs and wants.
- Let your agent update you on current market trends and help determine what you can expect in your price range.
- Review the entirety of the buying process so you have a sense of the chronology of a purchase. Identify the other participants involved, such as mortgage professionals, inspectors, attorneys and appraisers.
- Consider working with a Buyer’s Agent to represent your interests, first and foremost.
2 – EXPLORE FINANCING OPTIONS
Obtain Pre-approval for a Mortgage
There are many loan options available today: Conventional, FHA, and VA. Thinking of buying a “fixer upper”? There’s a loan for that. Know before you go. At Home and Hearth, we can suggest several reputable mortgage professionals to explain options for financing your future home and provide you with a pre-approval letter.
- Speaking with a mortgage professional will help you determine your budget. You will learn more about financing choices, taxes, options for placing a down-payment, and closing costs.
- A pre-approval letter guarantees you are prepared to place an immediate offer on a home that will be seriously considered by the seller. In a competitive market, this is great advantage.
3 – FINDING YOUR PERFECT HOME
Start Your House Hunt
Our website has a convenient search feature and can narrow down your results by price, town and more. Your agent will also provide you with current information about new listings as they enter the market. If we represent you as a Buyer’s Agent, you will have first viewing of many of our new listings before they are made public on the multiple listing service.
Say the word and your agent can schedule private showings on any homes you are interested in seeing.
4 – SUBMITTING AN OFFER FOR PURCHASE
Let the Negotiations Begin
You’ve found the perfect home. How do you make an offer? Your agent will submit it on your behalf, advise you, and negotiate with the listing agent on the sale price and the terms of purchase. If an agreement is reached and your offer is accepted, we will facilitate a swift completion of your purchase.
- Next, you will want to schedule a home inspection to evaluate the systems in the home – heating, structure, plumbing, electric and safety issues. Your Home and Hearth agent can recommend reputable and licensed inspectors to choose from. We will set up and attend the appointment and assist you with any issues uncovered.
- We will provide your attorney with all necessary information to complete your contract for purchase.
5 – COMPLETING YOUR PURCHASE
Obtaining your Mortgage
With the contracts prepared, now is the time to submit your mortgage application.
- Your agent will work with the bank appraiser and your mortgage professional to keep your purchase moving smoothly.
- When all pieces are in place, you will be given a closing date.
- A final walk-through of your prospective home will ensure everything is ready to complete the deal.
The Closing Table
With your finances approved, closing scheduled and final walk-through completed, the finish line is in sight. At the scheduled time and place contracts will be signed and title to the property will be transferred to you.
- We are happy to provide you the keys to your new home.
- Time to celebrate. You are a homeowner!